Brave – A revolutionary browser with the ability to earn Basic Attention Token (BAT) cryptocurrency!
Brave is a blockchain browser that gives its users the
opportunity to earn BAT cryptocurrency.
With your old browser, you paid to browse the web by viewing ads with your valuable attention. You spent your valuable time downloading invasive ad technology that transmitted your precious private data to advertisers — without your consent.
Today, Brave welcomes you to the new Internet. One where your time is valued, your personal data is kept private, and you actually get rewarded for your attention.
What is Brave Browser?
Brave Software introduced the first version of Brave in 2016, a web browser that blocks ads and website tracking while allowing users to tip content creators with Brave Rewards.
Advertising websites target the data of users, therefore, infringing on their privacy. Brave is mitigating this issue by offering privacy protection. As a user of Brave, you have the power to choose whether you want to view ads or not. You can earn Brave Rewards by opting into ads that respect user privacy.
Content creators that publish on other browsers like Google Chrome depend on advertisements to make money. However, on Brave, you can tip content creators and support them for their contributions directly.
Here is how Brave stands out:
- You can turn Brave Rewards and ads on or off
- Brave ads do not retrieve your personal data
- Brave picks ads that are suitable for you
- When you view an ad on Brave, you get 70 percent of what the advertiser paid
- Ads on Brave appear like system notifications and are, therefore, not intrusive
- Since brave blocks harmful ads and trackers, you will experience faster browsing
At the end of November 2019, Brave hit more than ten million active monthly users after the release of Brave version 1.0. Like Google Chrome, Brave is based on Chromium, Google’s open-source software project.
How to Start Earning BAT
Basic Attention Token (BAT), the digital currency used on Brave, is based on the Ethereum blockchain. To start earning BAT, follow these steps:
- Visit the Brave website and click “Download.”
- Choose the download version that suits your operating system. Brave is compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux. You can also access the Brave apps for Android or iOS on the same page.
- Open the application and click “Run.”
- After a second or two, the application will start downloading.
- Once the download process is complete, the installation process will begin.
- When your browser has installed, you can now launch it.
- Go to the main menu and click “Brave Rewards” then the “Rewards Icon.” Next, click on “Rewards Settings” to enable Brave Rewards.
- On this page, turn on Brave Rewards and ads.
You can now start surfing the internet and viewing ad notifications as they come. Note that you will receive BAT for viewing the ads not for clicking them. Brave sends an alert on or before the fifth of each month allowing you to claim the Brave Rewards you have earned from viewing ads.
Furthermore, you can choose to hold or tip content creators with your Brave Rewards. To view the BAT you have earned, go to the “Rewards Icon” on the main menu and then click the “Rewards Panel” which will appear on the right-hand side of the address bar.
Brave allows users to transfer their BAT to another wallet where they can convert it to other digital currencies or to fiat and have it transferred to their bank accounts. To do this, you have to link your Brave wallet to your Uphold account.
Besides using the Brave browser, you can also earn a small amount of BAT for participating in the Coinbase Earn Program. The program rewards you in BAT for learning about Brave and BAT.
Brave Rewards goes beyond anonymously supporting your favorite content creators. Brave Ads are enabled by default in Brave Rewards, providing the ability to earn Basic Attention Tokens (BAT) every time you view an ad. Brave Ads are presented separately from your web content at a convenient time, and keep your personal details completely private and anonymous. They can show up in the form of system notifications or sponsored images on the new tab page.
You can control every aspect of Brave Ads — from the number of system notifications you’d like to see, to whether or not you want to hide sponsored images. You’ll earn 70% of the ad revenue that we receive from advertisers. In exchange for your attention, you’ll accumulate tokens as you browse. You can contribute these tokens to the sites you love — with more options coming later.
At this time, Brave Ads are available to most countries. We are continuously working to extend support to more regions in the future.
Join BRAVE Mission To Fix The Internet.
Import all your bookmarks with one click.
Keep using your favorite Chrome Extensions.